Do you need to improve your health? Are you in recovery and need foods that will help you in the recovery process? Do you just want to be healthy or stay healthy?
What are the Health Benefits of Eating Blueberries
Do you know what the health benefits of BLUEBERRIES are?
- Improves mental health (memory)
- Hearth health
- Bone strength
- May prevent muscle damage
- Prevents skin damage
- Improved blood pressure
- May reduce risk of diabetes
- Shown to prevent cancer
- May reduce risk of obesity
- May make your hair more healthy
- Increased energy
- May help fight urinary tract infections in women
Note: It is best to buy and eat raw blueberries.
Do you know your BLUEBERRY nutrients?
- Blueberries contain anthocyanin
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin K
- Vitamin B-6
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin D
- Vitamin B-12
Warning: Consult your doctor if you are on blood thinners as the Vitamin K may affect blood clotting.
Do you know your BLUEBERRY facts?
- Blueberries have flavonoids better known as antioxidants
- They do not contain any sodium!
- 10 states grow most of the blueberries in the U.S.
- New Jersey
- North Carolina
- You can freeze blueberries in 4 minutes.
- The blueberry bush is a relative of the azalea and the rhododendron.
- Blueberries were first sold commercially in 1916.
- You may be eating blueberries from South America between November and March.
- More than half of harvested blueberries are shipped to fresh markets.
Why Aren’t You Eating Blueberries?
This is a question I just asked myself. I have had a stroke and have moderately high blood pressure that I am taking a prescription for; so, why have I not been eating blueberries? Why am I not adding blueberries to my healthy menu?
I actually do not know. But I can guarantee you one thing.
I will buy some blueberries on the way home from work this evening.